Take an hour out of your day to prep this for easy-peasy weekday morning (grab-and-go) breakfasts! Trust me, you and your whole family will love them. I recommend doubling the recipe if you have children, the amount below was perfect for just me and my hubby. These are higher in protein so they will help keep you full longer plus they help you add more veggies into your breakfast routine!
Printable Version: Egg Breakfast Muffins
- 9 eggs
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup ground sausage (cooked thoroughly before adding). I cooked my sausage in a cast-iron skillet making sure to break the sausage into small pieces.
- 1 cups thinly sliced collards (or any other favorite veggie! ideas include peppers, spinach, and onions)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Prepare a greased muffin pan.
- Whisk eggs and then add ricotta, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Then add collards (or other veggies) and sausage. Mix.
- Pour into muffin pan and cook for 20-25 minutes.
Told you it was easy.
-Cinthia Scott, RD, LD, CNSC