Lets get crazy and add veggies to our meatballs! I am passionate about the addition of veggie to literally any and all recipes, especially those traditional dishes like spaghetti and meatballs! So here is a delicious and QUICK new way to prepare meatballs and help get you closer to meeting your daily requirements for vegetable intake! I paired these meatballs with sweet potato noodles (to add even more veggies), pasta sauce, and some grated parmesan cheese on top! I am not kidding when I say this is one of my favorite recipes so far.
Printable Version: Easy Kale Meatballs
- 1 lb Lean Ground Turkey
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Cups Thinly Chopped Fresh Kale
- 1/2-1 Cup Fresh Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Garlic Cloves – Minced
- 1/8 cup Fresh Parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil (spray with canola oil to prevent sticking if using foil)
- Mix ground turkey thoroughly with chopped kale in a large bowl (best done with hands! Use your husband to help with that step)
- Add eggs and cheese to bowl and continue to mix
- Add spices to bowl and continue to mix- salt, pepper, minced garlic, and fresh parsley
- Once all ingredients are mixed thoroughly, bake about 20-25 minutes until firm and no pink remains and the kale is nice and crispy (not burnt though! unless you like it that way).
- Boom. Pair with your favorite pasta and some pasta sauce (homemade would be even better than jarred if you are feeling crazy!)
Enjoy my friends!
-Cinthia Scott, RD, LD, CNSC