Kale, Sausage, and Chickpea One Pot Skillet Meal
This is one of my most favorite meals! I don’t know why I love love love kale so much, but I do! This meal probably took me twenty minutes to make if not less time and it was so delicious and satisfying! Easy recipe that anyone could make even if they don’t have any experience cooking in the kitchen.
- 3-4 Tbsps. Olive Oil
- Lemon (to drizzle)
- Kale (1 large bag)
- 2 (15oz) can Chickpeas
- 1 Package Nitrate Free Italian Sausage (I bought mine from LIDL and Aldi carries it as well) – sausage cut into small pieces
- Creole Seasoning (or whatever seasoning you prefer – to taste)
- Brown Rice (optional)
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in large skillet
- When olive oil is heated, add (cut-up/diced) nitrate-free sausage to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes until heated thoroughly
- Add kale into skillet in small portions, covering the skillet and letting steam help wilt the kale in between adding more until the whole bag of kale has been added to the skillet. Drizzle olive oil and lemon over the kale as you are adding it to the pot. Continue to stir frequently until kale is cooked to desired done-ness (I like my kale to be slightly firm when eating, others like their kale much softer).
- Add Chickpeas to the skillet and stir to mix all ingredients. Heat until warmed thoroughly.
- Season with whatever seasoning you prefer, I used a tiny amount of creole seasoning to spice it up and it tasted FAB.
- Optional: Serve over brown rice (cooked per package directions)