Cheesy Whole Wheat Gnocchi Bake
Printable Version: Cheesy Whole Wheat Gnocchi Bake
45 minutes and its on the table, cheesy and oh-so-filling Gnocchi bake. You can add all kinds of veggies to the mix to amp up the fiber and nutrients. I unfortunately didn’t have any on hand at the time to add in but it would be a great addition. The whole wheat gnocchi is an alternative to regular pasta that will help keep you full longer.
- 3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb. Whole Wheat Gnocchi
- 24 oz. Pasta Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1lb. Chicken Breasts, boneless + skinless (diced into small cubes)
- 1 Cup. Mozzarella Cheese
- Italian Seasoning (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F
- Lightly oil a medium size (3 quart) casserole dish
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat
- Add garlic and onion (let simmer 2-3 minutes)
- Add chicken, reduce heat to medium-low heat, cook until browned on all sides or internal temperature of 165 F is reached
- Mix in bowl – pasta sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, chicken, and gnocchi
- Top with mozzarella (or your choice of cheese)
- Transfer to casserole dish, cook in oven for 30 minutes
- Serve warm with a side salad to accommodate the meal.
*Adding mushrooms and spinach to the skillet when chicken is cooked through can be a fun way to add more veggies to this meal! I didn’t have any on hand at the time or I would love that addition.