I am so sad the holidays are over! This was my first year to host Christmas Eve Dinner for my family and it was quite the production. I was able to feed 14 people and I only burnt the macaroni and cheese a little bit. I was catering to 12 non-restrictive eaters and 2 vegan’s so I had to plan a Christmas Menu that would satisfy everyone without altering the taste of classic holiday dishes.
My Christmas Spread included:
- Vegan Mashed Potatoes (Recipe here!)
- Home-Made Macaroni and Cheese (Recipe here! ) *I did adjust this recipe and used 2lbs of pasta instead of 1lb, there was plenty of cheese to go around for 2lbs versus 1lb. I received so many compliments on this recipe, it was incredible and out of this world. Disclaimer: this is not a healthy recipe though and strictly to enjoy in moderation.
3. Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (Did you guys know these are vegan?? How cool is that!)
4. Vegan Green Bean Casserole – My sister brought this so I don’t have the recipe on hand
5. 4-Bean Salad from Cost-co! Pre-made and pretty dang delicious!
6. Home-made Cranberry Sauce – Vegan and Gluten Free (Recipe here! )
A few weeks ago I posted about all the wonderful health benefits of cranberries!! To go along with that post I made home-made cranberry sauce for Christmas Eve Dinner. It was so simple, fast, and easy to make plus I would totally eat this by itself or make it for a regular meal not only for a holiday feast!
6. Vegan Cornbread Stuffing (Recipe Here! ) This recipe was also a crowd pleaser, I received more compliments on this recipe than I have ever received on regular stuffing!!
7. Deviled Eggs- contributed by my sisters in-laws so I also don’t have that recipe
8. Cheese plate – because this is a necessity at every holiday gathering, choose low fat cheese and turkey pepperoni to attempt a little healthier alternative.
9. Honey Baked Ham
10. Honey Baked Smoked Turkey – Thank you to the Honey Bake Ham company for making our main entrees for us so we didn’t have to worry about cooking a ham or turkey in the oven all day long.
I don’t know about you guys, but I am ready to enjoy leftovers for a few days and prop my feet up. I hope you all had the most merry Christmas ever and that you are soaking in the blessings while focusing on all that Jesus has done for us!
Cinthia Scott, RD, LD, CNSC